Food For Thought
June 22, 2011
So true. Now I need to be careful not to overdo it, and make that one glass last!
Food for thought this week:
- Worth a read: the True Cost of Tomatoes (NYT)
- A good guide on How to select your first or next race at Healthy Tipping Point
- Fat Substitutes may cause more weight gain than regular ol’fat via Jezebel – Something that supports what I’ve been practicing – full fat, real foods instead of lowfat substitutes. My one exception is 0% Greek Yogurt, because the only thing on the label is: milk and cultures. No other sweeteners or additives.
- 10 diet myths “that pack on pounds”
- One of my first posts was about casual drinking while dieting, and now “Get Drunk not Fat” sorts drinks by their calorie to alcohol ratio.
Towards the high end of the scale, all those flavored drinks you probably drank in college like Smirnoff Ice, Zima, and Mike’s Hard Lemonade. A margarita? Margarita 10% alcohol 417 calories Straight tequila as the best bang for your buck? Vodka and Diet Coke is a drink I sometimes partake of.
- What is emotional eating? Feeding your feelings from Web MD I think it’s pretty common for people to emotionally eat or be tempted to do so, being able to recognize the signs is something I think can help everyone!
What’s making you think this week?